TESOL Training International Course Overview
Note: Most of our centers offer TTI Practical Training
Job Placement Announcement: How do we screen oversea schools?
TESOL Training International Foundation course has been developed and designed for people who have never taught, teachers who want to break into the dynamic field of teaching overseas or for those who want to upgrade their abilities. Students have the option of taking the internationally recognized Foundation course by correspondence, online or in class . Ask a Grad on the Facebook TESOL Grad Group.
Take the What do I know about the TESOL Industry Quiz: Take the Quiz Now
|Study in-class, online or by correspondence Study in an intensive “in-class” setting, or by distance education (either online or by correspondence) in the convenience of your own home, at your own pace.|
The Foundation TESOL Teacher Certification Course is equivalent in academic content and quality whether studied in-class or by distance education.
Industry specialists have designed our unique foundation course, in addition its contents are reevaluated each year to match changes in the market. It is the first mandatory part of the various TESOL programs offered by the Tesol Training International.
*Please note that students of inclass, online, and correspondence delivery will receive their program certificate or diploma only upon submission and passing of the Foundation Final Exam, as well as having successfully completed their first specialization.
Program and Course Time Limit Procedures and Policies:
Individual courses (not part of a program) = 6 month time limit
Program 1 (foundation + 1 specialization) = 1 year
Program 2 (foundation + 3 specializations) = 2 year
Program 3 (foundation + 9 specializations) = 4 year
A one-time extension of 6 months from the deadline can be granted to students signed up for individual courses or Program 1 or Program 2.
A one-time extension of 1 year can be granted to students enrolled in Program 3.
All requests for deadline must be received in writing or by email no more than three months and at least two weeks before the deadline. Any requests received before the three-month or after the two week cut-off may be considered on a case-by-case basis. All requests will receive a letter or email confirming or rejecting their request written and sent by the Academic Department on letterhead. Any extension requests received two business days after the deadline will automatically be rejected by the Academic Department. No exceptions.
Foundation course contents:
The TESOL Training International Foundation course is your practical, user-friendly yet comprehensive introduction to the exciting world of teaching English. Our Foundation course includes:
- 700-page textbook
- 300+ page workbook
- 200+ page Global Employment Handbook
- Lifetime career support
- How to Confidently Teach English in Any Situation, Abroad or Locally
- 40 Communication-Based TESOL Approaches and Methods
- Pronunciation, Conversation & Communication
- Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
- Lesson Planning and Teacher Preparation
- Phonology and Linguistics
- Grammar Review and Student Evaluations
- Communicative Approach
- Activity-Based Learning
- Promoting Dynamic Student/Teacher Interaction
- Pedagogy – The Art and Science of Teaching
- Teacher and Student Role Reversal
- Video Training and Analysis
- Music, Song and Media for language Acquisition
- Internet in the Classroom
- Teaching Philosophy
- English for Specific Purposes
- Finding the Best English Teaching Job Overseas
- Employment Contacts and Connections
- Obtaining Tutoring Contracts in Addition to Your Regular TESOL Employment
- Hot Tips on How to Make the Most Money Possible with TESOL
- How to Avoid Common Contract Pitfalls
- Overseas Teaching/Work/Travel Information and Tips
- Culture Shock ? Leave Prepared
- Teaching and Tutoring English Locally
- Travel Safe and Secure Abroad Supplement
In-Class TESOL Course Info:
Taught by our highly qualified, university trained TESOL instructors they are able to share with you their extensive knowledge of teaching abroad and in North America.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 60 hours
- Language English
- Students 3
- Assessments Yes